Ok, I know it’s quite late, but I’ve been so caught up with projects and work that I kind of missed the “present guides” time! So, if you’re still looking for a present for a female photographer close to your heart, you can be sure that one of those things is going to make her very, very happy. Here we go!
1. Sigma Art 35mm F 1.4 lens – €780. If you REALLY want to treat your other half (or you just don’t care about the price), get her a Sigma Art 35 mm lens. This is the ultimate dream of almost every photographer (believe me, I know what I’m talking about). Just remember to make sure you check whether she’s a “Canon” or “Nikon” girl as they come with different mountings.
2. Tribe Archipelago presets for Lightroom – €72. Don’t worry, you don’t need to know what I’m talking about. Just buy it. It’s a set of digital filters which you can use for editing photos with Adobe Lightroom. They give a beautiful effect like on the picture below. She’ll love it! (but first check if she hasn’t already got them and if yes get her a different pack!
Photo: Niccolò Zanobbi, tribearchipelago.com
3. Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 – €149. This instant vintage-looking camera is pure fun. It has a double exposure mode (which means that you can take 2 photos on 1 film sheet) for an creating artistic look. It also allows the photographer to control the shutter speed and has a macro mode.
4. “Focus: The Secret, Sexy, Sometimes Sordid World of Fashion Photographers” – book by Michael Gross.” – €26. Before Instagram was an art form, fashion photographers and the models they made famous were pop culture royalty. From the postwar covers of Vogue to the triumph of the digital image, the fashion photographer sold not only clothes but ideals of beauty and visions of perfect lives.” The book reveals the secrets of the greatest fashion photographers of all times: Richard Avedon, Irving Penn, David Bailey and many more.
5. Hand made camera strap, for example this one – €30. Treat your female photographer friend (or even male one!) with a beautiful hand made camera strap. You will find a large selection on Etsy or… on JJ market in Bangkok 😉
Do you have any other ideas for perfect gifts for female photographers? Let us know in comments!